Neil Woodford's funding promises come back to haunt him
Embattled fund manager has been forced to plough £33 million into small, hard-to-trade stocks Proton Partners and Evofem as he scrambles to raise cash elsewhere.
- Sunday Papers: Serco’s £4bn swoop on Babcock
- Saturday Papers: Trade war deals heavy blow to Chinese output
- Citywire Ratings: Nick Train and UK small cap stars lead the way 3
- China data knocks FTSE as Woodford stock Kier slumps 3
- The Expert View: Tesco, Imperial Brands and Ashtead 4
- Friday Papers: Boris Johnson heads Tory leadership contest
David Stevenson: the dirty truth behind Woodford's downfall
Regulators have encouraged the growth of mega funds like Woodford's, which have moved into less liquid areas of the market to boost returns as traditional income strategies have faltered.